Tuesday, September 11, 2012

No Internet!

Well, it's been a while. So here is what I have learned since my last post.
  • Life does go on without internet or free wi-fi.
  • When driving in a round-about, always yeild (give way) to the cars in the center of the circle. There are 3 lanes. The one on the very inside have the right of way.
  • You can buy large quail eggs
  • LuLu's Hypermarket carries Dr. Pepper
  • Have your produce weighed before leaving the produce section of the store. There is no weighing it in the check-out lane.
  • MTV and VH-1 play music videos 24 hours a day. No lame reality shows.
  • You can purchase ground camel meat.
  • Paper here is longer than 8.5x11.
  • There are intolerant and rude people everywhere. Apparently, some came over here to teach. Which I find extremely sad!!! And it gives those of us here a bad name.
  • Clocks are merely a suggestion of a time schedule.

With all that being said, I LOVE it here!! I am having the time of my life. I will be teaching 2nd grade girls. They are extremely sweet and loving. But they are EXTREMELY chatty!!!

More to come later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment