Monday, September 17, 2012

Making Progress

Well, I have completed 7 days of school and most of us are already talking about our break sometime in Ocotober. Last week the girls were on their best behavior and this week they have been showing their true colors. It has been a rough couple of days. I know it is the girls "testing the waters" but I am ready to be in a routine. I hate teaching rules and routines. Most of it should be common sense but we all know common sense is not so common.

Today was actually much better than yesterday. I got my bulletin boards up and the rules actually posted permanently. This means the girls actually think they are at school and need to be ready to learn. Most of them are "pretending" to not know how to do any work and want to run to the bathroom a million times. So, I have had to be the mean "Miss" and say no and believe it or not, no one has had an accident in the room. Which means they only want to go play. No big surprise. Today I started with some new behavior management techniques and there will be more to come. Each table earned points when we were working and at the end, the table with the most points got a treat, an eraser of her choice. This seemed to work with all but 1 table in each of my 2 groups. I will be implementing individual behavoir management plan as soon as next week. I just have to locate enough clothes pins for about 50 girls. Also, I need to wait to make sure that I have a semi-final roster. It seems to be changing daily at the moment and that is to be expected.

So here are the pictures of my bulletin boards, rules and the small space by my desk.


Bulletin boards are finally up, English, Maths, Science and the calendar on the right. Yes, Maths! It is British and we are using British spellings of words. It's strange to me but I just go with it.

The Rules!! I found these on Pinterest and I liked the simplicity and the graphics. The girls are starting to learn them.
 
And the small space beside my desk has mom and dad and Sam!! I miss them all!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment