Saturday, September 15, 2012

Grocery shopping

I've been grocery shopping a couple of times. While there are things I recognize and am familiar with, there are many more that I have NO idea what it is, how it is used or why.

Nicole and I went to "the big" Lulu's Hypermarket and were there for what seemed like forever, going down each aisle trying to find things we could knew or could figure out how to cook with. We were fairly successful considering the amount we had in the buggy, or trolley as they say here.

 
As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can get ground camel meat or slabs of it.

 
Keep in mind that the price is in UAE dirhams. To find the price divide by 3.66. I don't think I will be buying this!!!!
 
However I did buy ground meat from Australia. The meat tells where it is from. I could have gotten it from Pakistan, New Zealand to name a couple.
 
Also, there is a fresh seafood section in the back of the store (like at home) except that it is the WHOLE fish or seafood. If you want it filleted then you choose the fish and ask the worker to fillet it for you or as I was told you could buy the whole fish and let your chef fillet it for you. Well, since I don't have a personal chef, I guess I will have to let the worker do it for me....hehehe!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment