Saturday, August 18, 2012

Schwarma....NOT what I expected!

So the day was pretty much uneventful though I did visit a few new places. I went to The Living Room which is a furniture store that sells beds and couches. I definitely found a bed I like and will be purchasing it when we receive our housing allowance. I also saw some couches that I like but I am not in LOVE with them. Therefore, as my mom says "Don't buy it if you don't LOVE it!" So, I will continue to shop around.

Next I went to the National Bank of Abu Dhabi located in Al Musharif Mall. This mall has plenty of fountains and a huge vertical fish tank as you enter. During Orientation, we completed forms for our bank account that our pay will be deposited in each month. We had to go to a specific branch to get our debit cards. We showed copies of our visa, signed a few pieces of paper, gave our local phone number and then used the ATM to choose our passcode. Simple and Painless!!! The way I like it!!! Of course, there is no money on the card or in the account. But we will receive a text message when funds are available. Kinda cool!

Fish tank (don't know how to turn it) at Al Musarif Mall

Since it was dinner time, we (Nicole and baby Ethan, Christine and I) decided we would be adventurous and try a schwarma. I had read and heard so many wonderful things about a schwarma that I was expecting it to be wonderful! I am sorry to report that is not the case. I chose a chicken schwarma. Thinking it would have chicken and maybe some sauce, I figured it was safe. Not so much!!! It had chicken, french fries, some kind of bitter white sauce along with some kind of fermented sour pickled veges of some kind. The 3 of us only ate about half before we gave up. We then decided we would get a Wendy's burger to get the HORRIBLE taste out of our mouths. Christine surprised us and brought over 3 chocolate frosties. This made us all happy!! Nicole was even putting the frosty on her burger to help get the vinegar-y taste out of her mouth. It was a rough night for food. Next time I will ask for one without white sauce or veges...LOL!

Chicken Schwarma

Nicole putting chocolate Frosty on her Jr. Hamburger

Overall, a great day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment