Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My new place and Hotel room (Long post, lots of pics)

I have been back from seeing my apartment for a couple of hours now. It has taken this long to get over the shock. I knew there was a risk of coming and not knowing where I would be placed. However, after seeing many photos of others housing who works for ADEC, I expected more.

The apartment is a small 2 bedroom. I would guess about 900 sq.ft. It almost reminds me of a dorm room at college. When you enter the building, you go up 3 steps and the doors begin. I am in A005, so that is the 3rd door on the left. Open the door and walk directly into the living/dining room which is about 13.5' x 12'. Off to the left is the kitchen. It does have a cooktop so I don't have to purchase that but there is NO oven. Also, the washer/dryer and fridge must go in there. It is about 7' x 9' and that does not include the space for the counters....SMALL!!!!!! There is a small kind of alcove and a bathroom on the left. It is a full bath but extremely small. The guest and master bedrooms are the same size with the exception of the master bath that is about the size of the other but has a tub rather than a stand-up shower. Both bedrooms are about 13' x 8'. I'm not sure how I will put a bed and wardrobe in one or both rooms. There are NO closets in the entire place.

I will definitely not be buying a dining room table or chairs. There is just NO space. I will hunt for tray tables or eat off the coffee table. All rooms are ceramic tile (16x16).

I'm in quite a shock at the moment but I know that I am here for a reason and all will be well. It is just difficult when others have been placed in spacious 2 bedroom apartments with tons of built in wardrobes and closets.

Hall Bathroom (sorry, I don't know how to turn it)
Guest bedroom


Looking in from the front door. The dining/living room

Kitchen. Cooker but NO oven

Master Bedroom

Master bathroom. The toilet is behind the door. Have to close the door to use it.

Looking out of the guest bedroom.

The front of Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Complex Building A

Transmission shop beside the building.

The shops to the right of my building. The Laundry is already open and the coffee/doughnut shop will open soon.
I'm headed to the pool to swim off some frustration and decompress for a little bit.
Back from the pool and I have spent some time thinking. I know God has put me in this place and I will not let Satan take away the joy God has put in my life at this time. A minor glitch will not change my mood. 
Phillippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
Many have asked about my room here at the InterContinental. Here are the pics of it.
Walking in the door
Toilet and Bidet - notice the "bum gun" beside the toilet also the wide silver bar above the toilet is for flushing

Tub with shower hose

Shower with frosted glass 

Vanity


Desk, TV and drawers. There is a mini-fridge in the left cabinet.

2 Double beds. Yep that is 3 of the 5 suitcases

Couch and coffee/tea station

And that concludes the "roughing it" that I have been living in for the last week. I will probably be here another week and then go to another hotel closer to my new apartment about 2 hours from here.


4 comments:

  1. My sweet friend, you are so brave and confident. This is nothing compared to what you have been through. As you said, our awesome God will help you get through this. I love you and miss you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if some thing hurt you and you are not eligible to handle it then in my point of view you should make yourself better then before because in this how you can compete the world...
    Hotels in Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a nice comfortable room there. It just need your personal touch while you arrange the things there. I am sure things will go well for you.


    property shop investment

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice hotel, i like this type of hotel, also exclusive offer. thanks a lot for sharing.
    Cox Bazar Hotels

    ReplyDelete