Friday, May 18, 2012

The Packing of My Classroom Room – 14 years of collecting

Nope! No time to relax!

Now it is time to clean out my classroom.

My Mom says it would take 3 large moving vans to move from their home (they have been in the same house for 26 years) – that’s the way I felt when I looked around my classroom but I soon realized that I could definitely part with some of the “stuff”.  I started gradually sorting, tossing, giving away and packing.


My colleagues have had a blast going through my stuff and taking what they want. There have been many questions about where I am going and what will I be doing and teaching. I have welcomed each of these questions.


Each afternoon, I load my truck with as many boxes as I can (or that have been packed) and take them to my storage unit. Each box is carefully loaded into the storage room so that if I need it, mom will be able to locate what I need and can send it.


And so the cleaning, packing, sorting and storing continues.







No comments:

Post a Comment