Thursday, April 25, 2013

Strange Weather...Wet...HOT!!

The weather the last couple of weeks have been the craziest I've seen since being here. We have had rain, thunder, lightening and temps above 108 degrees. While the HOT temperature is not uncommon, the rain, thunder and lightening is. While many of my colleagues talk about be wakened by thunder and lightening, those of you who know me know that has not happened to me. I can sleep through most anything...including hurricane Opal many years ago. 

Here are a few pictures I have taken showing some of this. 

This is the temperature in my car. Thanks to Christine for showing me how to have this appear in my dash. 

This is The Weather Channel app on the same day. 

24 hours later, the weather looks like this. Rainy and a cool 82.








In the next week, temperatures will begin to climb back up to the mid-90s and will continue to climb until the only way to describe it will be "HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!"

To see more pictures about the strange weather, you can go to Christine's blog (http://www.christinesbigadventure.blogspot.com) and see pictures and read about the damage from storms at her school which is an hour and fifteen minutes from where we live in Al Ain. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Andrea,
    We nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. If you are interested, check out the post for details:) http://therands.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/very-inspiring-blogger-award/
    -Shon

    ReplyDelete