Friday, February 22, 2013

Observation/Evaluation Time of Year

This week was a little nerve-wracking!! It was time for Formal Observations to start in preparation for Evaluations coming up. While I am used to being evaluated by principals or assistant principals showing up in my classroom, these observations are different. For the first 14 years of teaching, observations were a simple satisfactory or unsatisfactory, but NOT here. These are much more detailed and the evaluators are looking for many minute details which makes these much more complex. Since these observations were to be unannounced, the stress level went up simply for all the minute details they were looking for. 

Fortunately, I was very excited about my lesson on Tuesday and was hoping and praying that the evaluators would come in. Well, God is good!!! The evaluators came. I had everything ready. Both evaluators, my Principal and the English Head of Faculty, were very impressed and I was extremely happy with the way my girls were responding to questions asked and their engagement in the lesson. So, now I feel really good about the observation and it is time to gather all my documentation in a notebook to prepare for the Evaluation that will happen later. I will let you know how that goes whenever it may happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment