Monday, October 1, 2012

Off to the hospital

Well, ice-ing and ibuprofin was not as successful as I had hoped.  The alarm went off at 5:30am and I quickly realized that going to school was not an option. It was a rough night attempting to sleep. As long as I was still, I was ok but to move was quite painful. So, I call my friend that I ride to school with to let her know I won't be coming and then I call, Robina, my Head of Faculty. She tells me it's ok and to go to the hospital and she will take care of my class and putting away anything that the girls may try to get into (markers, stickers, etc).

Well, I'm already up, I might as well go to the hospital now. I call the taxi dispatch and ask for a taxi to take me to Oasis Hospital. The driver comes and I tell him to take me to Oasis. He drives crazy which only makes me hurt even more. I was thankful when I got there. I go in and there is only 1 other person there. I see the registration person and give my insurance  information then he tells me to go to the women's waiting room where I am the only one. Finally, a nice lady comes to get me and takes me to Triage to get all the basics (bp, temp, weight, etc). Then, she tells me to go back to the same waiting area. Really???? At this point, sitting and standing are extremely painful and I'm ready to be in one place.

Finally, about 10 minutes later, a guy comes to get me to see the doctor. I go in, he tells me to sit....again. Then the doctor asks questions and tells the guy who came to get me what to type in the computer. The doctor would tell him every letter and click to make....wouldn't it just be faster to do it yourself????  I guess not! I explain what happened and he asks me to stand and he pushes on my low back in 3 places then says he will give me Celebrex. No x-rays, nothing. Oh well!!

Then I ask about some prescriptions that I need to be refilled from home. He agrees to give me 2 of them and I need to see another doctor for the other 2. Ok, no big deal. But wait, I have to go back to the waiting area before I can see the other doctor. Now there are about 4 women in the waiting area. I'm no longer alone. More waiting and then they call me again and I go see Dr. Brent. I really liked him. American doctor from Philadelphia. Super nice and answered tons of questions. He agrees to give me 1 of the remaining 2 prescriptions and tells me I will have to go see another doctor for the last one. However, he writes a prescription for it and tells me to go to Al Ain Hospital Pharmacy to see if they have it but that they may tell me I have to see one of thier doctors to get it. Ok, no problem!  I ask him about the note and the stamp for work and he takes care of that too and tells me I cannot return to work until Wednesday. Now, I'm off to the pharmacy to get the prescriptions that I can have. Ahh, all done! Now to find a taxi to get home.

I happened to walk outside at the same time a taxi was dropping off someone else. Thank you Lord for that small blessing!! Now, that I am home, I am in the bed and trying to stay as still as possible. Please pray that the pain eases and I am ready to go back to my girls at school on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment