Saturday, October 6, 2012

I am now MOBILE!!!!

It's official!! I am now mobile and not dependent on taxis. This is such a blessing!!! For those of you who know me, I hate waiting and depending on others to get where I need to be. I am far to independent for that!!! So, Wednesday, the rental company brought me a car!! It is a Chevrolet Aveo. While it is small for US standards, it is perfect for here. The only issue is that it is a 4-cylinder and getting "in" the roundabouts really needs a 6-cylinder for pick-up.


Anyway, I made it to work on Thursday with no problems. I was quite proud. However, the trip home was a little more scenic. "James" (the gps) decided to take me to who knows where. I found out it was a lot farther away than I needed to go. So when I saved the coordinates to my "home", it saved some far off place. Anyway, I recognized some landmarks and made it back to my place.

While at school, one of the ladies brought around yellow roses for all teachers. I was shocked and was told it was from ADEC (my employer). How thoughtful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, I love this place!!!



The evening was filled with a little shopping, pampering at Radiance and dinner. Christine and I exchanged some stuff I bought and then went to Radiance for manis and pedis. Much deserved and needed. Radiance is a shop for women only and they do everything from massages to waxing to haircuts to facial treatments and more. We really like it!!

While at the mall, we noticed the display at Ace Hardware which was Halloween. Shocked, we each took a picture of it. This seems so out of place. The clerk told us that they had just got the stuff in and within a week or so it would almost be gone. He also told us that while they do not do "door to door" trick or treating, they do have parties. This was new to us. We were shocked! Oh well, learn something new everyday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment