Monday, July 30, 2012

Notes from ADEC and Nirvana

So, last week, I got an email with reference to being in Group 1 and the Orientation schedule. I am super excited about being in Group 1. This will allow me to arrive in Abu Dhabi between August 8-11 and settle in the hotel before official Orientation begins, apartment keys distributed, police and medical checks, and school assignments. While I understand there is no guarantee that the orientation schedule is set in stone, I am thankful that there is a "schedule" to follow. Information that I have been getting from teachers already in Abu Dhabi is that schedules are merely a suggestion and there is no "rat race" to compete in. Things get done when they get done. I am quite ready for this type of lifestyle.

In the meantime, I have been doing final shopping which included toiletries, shoes and swimsuits. I have spent time with mom, Nancy, Jill, Hannah, Ashley and Terry. I have tried to stay busy and not anticipate or guess when I will receive the itinerary and eticket.

And now for today, emails have begun to go out with itineraries for teachers and families headed to Abu Dhabi. And I wait! And wait! And wait! Then an email comes that says confirm the date and airport of departure and the information on the work visa. I get excited! After all this time, almost 2 years, I will now know when I will leave. The work visa is correct. My name, birthdate and passport number is correct. BUT, there is no itinerary with a departure date or airport. So the waiting continues. I email Nirvana confirming the work visa but explain there is not information regarding the departure. Maybe I will learn tomorrow when I will be leaving.

Once again, the Lord is teaching me patience. I thought I had learned this throughout this process but I guess He is just double checking to make sure I got the lesson. I got it!!!!! My patience is much more prevalent now than when I stareted this process.

1 comment:

  1. You just think you're patient now---just wait! Ha ha! The truth is you are from Clayton County and you will do great!

    ReplyDelete