Monday, April 9, 2012

I Get The Call!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 weeks and 2 days after my interview;
9:52am on Monday, April 9th – I got the call.  I’m going to UAE to teach!!!
     While working with a student at my desk, my cell phone rings. I see that the call is coming from Ontario, Canada. I jump up, run out of the room (cell service is not great in my room). A colleague watches my class. It is Ariane congratulating me on a job offer from ADEC. She explains that she has sent me an email with the offer letter and to look it over and email it back if I accept. Of course, I accept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:53am – I call Mom – lots of laughing and a few tears!!!

9:54am – I call Dad – calm but excited and NO tears!

At this point, I am running up and down the hall letting my colleagues know that my dream is coming true. When I tell my principal, she is so excited, she is jumping up and down and dancing with me. It was truly a magical experience!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment