Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!


So, I had to work on Thanksgiving but was not left wanting a Thanksgiving meal. While I miss my family terribly and can't wait for them to visit, I was able to have Thanksgiving Dinner on the rooftop of my apartment building with many of the teachers that live here. We all brought a side dish and enjoyed Thanksgiving together. Some of the things at dinner included smoked turkey, ham, lamb chops, chicken, 3-mac-n-cheese, brocolli casserole, green beans, pasta salad, chili, salad, 2-mashed potatoes, several different rice dishes, several cakes, cabbage, rolls, cornbread and much more. It was definitely dishes to represent all of the different cultures of teachers that are here. The weather has been perfect this week. It's cooling off and it is incredible. There was a slight breeze on the rooftop and we had a blast telling stories about our schools.



 
 
I will be heading to another Thanksgiving dinner tonight to share in more family and friends and good times!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment